top of page


If you’re a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions, you may be eligible for veterans’ preference, as well as other veteran specific hiring options.

Veterans' preference

With Veterans’ Preference, you may receive preference over non-veteran applicants in the hiring process. Veterans' Preference can be used when applying to permanent and temporary positions in both the competitive and excepted service (of the executive branch).

There are three types of veterans' preferences:

How do I know a job is open to veterans?

All jobs offered by EmDrive, LLC is open to Veterans.

Veterans are highly suggested to apply.

Documents you may need - Claiming Veterans' Preference

When claiming Veterans’ Preference, you must provide a copy of your DD-214, certificate of release or discharge from active duty or other acceptable documentation. Applicants claiming 10-point preference will need to submit Form SF-15 or other acceptable documentation.


Certificate of release or discharge from active duty

The DD-214 is issued to military members upon separation from active service. It contains information about the veteran's dates of military service and separation. Most veterans and their next-of-kin can obtain free copies of their form DD-214 Report of Separation and other military and medical records through the National Archives Veterans’ Records Service.


Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference

  • The SF-15 is used by federal agencies and OPM examining offices to adjudicate individuals' claims for Veterans' Preference.

    Note that a letter from the VA that contains the following may be sufficient instead of a SF-15:

    • Dates of service

    • Discharge status

    • Disability rating

If you’re a veteran, you may also be eligible for one of these special hiring authorities:

Visit our Careers page!

bottom of page